Monday, July 30, 2012

Ombre Felt Flower Ring



I love making felt rings and I have amassed quite a collection in many different colours.  While working on another project coming up next week, I decided to give a try with creating an ombre effect with a scrap strip of felt I used for my coffee cup collar.







1 - By putting the strip on its side in the dye,  I just let the colour begin to seep up the felt.

2 - when dry there was a slight ombre effect - maybe not quite the one I expected but it was there

3 - by cutting a strip approximately 1 inch by 5 inches and folded in half, I began to create my flower form for the ring.  You can find more details on technique  HERE.

4 - all stitched up, this version of the ring is subtle but pretty and soft

ps. the dye I used is cherry kool-aid - stay tuned next week for full details on using this as dye.





For other versions of the flower ring take a look     here    or     here 

There is nothing like a little flower power in the middle of the summer ... don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my this is adorable...I am a ring and bracelet girl. Love the way you dyed it too. Hope your summer is going along well...it is going..and fast. Just love visiting you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...